‘Please Don’t Touch My Belly’ and Other Ways To Handle People Who Have No Boundaries
Posted on June 30 2014
A few months ago, in Pregnancy and Newborn magazine, I came across a list of “belly touching comebacks.” I thought some of them were so funny that I saved the pages to share with you. Without further ado:
1. Careful! You might wake the baby!
2. Think of me as a museum: Look but don’t touch.
3. I had a big lunch.
4. Warning: It might be contagious!
5. Five dollars to touch the belly, $10 if it kicks.
6. I’m not Buddha, please don’t rub me for luck. [related to t-shirt I found below!]
7. Baby’s enjoying some me-time right now.
8. Like MC Hammer says, “Can’t touch this.”
9. Under construction, please don’t touch!
10. Can I pat your belly now?
I personally never had a stranger touch my belly but I’m also the type to slap a hand if I saw one coming. (One time I saw an incoming paw and I just put both my hands in front of the belly in an “x.”) If you don’t want to slap a stranger and speaking up doesn’t come naturally, there’s also this t-shirt:
A picture says 8 words, right?
Good luck Mamas!
Filed under: Uncategorized